10.6.10

I can't get no... satisfaction

Nothing really to do with what I'm about to write, but I love Otis Redding and even though the Stones did a great version of this song, Otis is the master and there is no beating him.

Anyway on with it.

So, I was talking to my dear friend A. She came back from a trip to Canada and the States and I'm glad she's back. She was sitting at the table -I was working- and she was talking to some friends. I went to sit next to her and the guy on the other side of her stroked her arm and she said: "yea yea I have to wax my arms, I know". And my response was: "YOU WAX YOUR ARMS?!".. Has the beauty standard of women changed again without me knowing it? Was I living on a different planet? Is armhair gross now?

I have accepted the fact that women need to be tall -I wear high heels-. I have accepted the fact that women need to be skinny -I don't eat carbs-. I have accepted the fact that women cannot have hair on legs, private parts, armpits and upperlips -I shave my legs and am blessed with not having a mustache-. But, no armhair? Excusez moi! I love my armhair.

Immediately feeling self conscious I got up and walked away. Apparently she waxes her arms all the time.

I am putting my foot down! This has gone too far. I am keeping my armhair and if anyone has a problem with that... well... then.... bluggh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We live not according to reason, but according to fashion.

.

Search This Blog

Us

My photo
Two not so social socialites interested in fashion, books, art, photography and traveling

Fans