2.6.10

The one that got away.





Today I had an amazing but freightening thought.

What if, the person you always wanted to be when you grow up turns out forgotten when you get older.

When you grow older you get all kinds of trouble you have to cope with. In my opinion this is because when you get older the world around you changes mentally.

You don’t think the same about the stuff you admire as a child. A butterfly is pretty but not much noticed, but when you are a little kid this creature is the most outstanding life form you have ever -or will ever- seen.

I have the feeling this ability to see all the little things in the most positive way is slipping through my fingers every day.

For example, when I was a little girl I wanted to be a fashion designer (and of course a princess). For hours I would draw pictures of girls with high heels, dresses and hats. Little did I know what would happen to me in the same life but just a little later.

My mother told me I had a talent for drawing and writing stories. So I wanted to be a fashion designer or a famous writer, or both. I keep forgetting this, but when I come home from an exhausting day at work I suddenly realise how fast everything goes and how little time we have on this planet to do the things we always dreamed of doing. 

Now I am older (not that old, just older) I have so much famous role models, and still this one is my favourite: Carrie Bradshaw. She resembles my inner child in a grown up way so much it is scary. 

Why I am co writing this blog is a part of building my new life. Very slow but steady I am going in a new direction. I want to see beautiful things, do whatever comes to mind and believe in whatever I believed in when I was little.

Children are so much smarter than we all think. They see the world as we all should look at it. 



Remember; there is no such thing as bad people, only pretty butterflies.











No comments:

Post a Comment

We live not according to reason, but according to fashion.

.

Search This Blog

Us

My photo
Two not so social socialites interested in fashion, books, art, photography and traveling

Fans