13.6.10

Truth be told.

I had to babysit my favorite little girl yesterday, her name is Sterre and she's 7 years old. She is so different from all the other girls her age. She doesn't like dolls, barbie and all that stuff. She likes nature, drawing and reading... and me. As she once said: everyone she knows is 'people', but I am a girl. Sigh... Other peoples kids are so sweet. But, they are also way too honest. Besides her usual sweet hugs, kisses and remarks... She sometimes blurs out inconvenient truths like, "*sigh* your drawing is ugly, draw something else" and the worst one yet "your belly is fat".

My belly is fat. All my friends tell me I'm skinny but she tells me I'm fat. GREAT. I know I look good, but my belly is fat. I stopped eating carbs, mostly (obviously still drinking my beloved hazelnut soy lattes) but I have completely stopped now. Even the feeling after eating an entire carton of Haagendazs -750ml- couldn't compare the feeling I felt now. I unzipped my skirt immediately so not to feel my fat roll over the top of it.

After putting her to bed and getting a billion hugs and kisses, I felt ok again -still repeating to myself I would never eat again in my life-. Before she closed her eyes she told me I should write in her friendship book. I love friendship books. It's nice to be reminded who your friends were at a certain time in your life and what they were like. Anyway: her friendship book came straight out of the depths of hell!
One confronting question after another. It all started with: "How tall are you:..." I answered truthfully and wrote down my height... I've come to terms with my height. Followed by: "How much do you weigh:..." sigh.... I lied. Then "What makes you special:...." Uhmmmm.... And the last one: "What are you good at:...." Hmmmmm.... Uuh..Yes.... Mmmmmm... I. Am. Good. At.... Uhmm... Crap. Ok again. I. Am. Good. At.... Setting goals I can't reach? Giving up? No, no good. Uhmm. I wrote down: knitting.

Sad, really.

There were some fun questions like: "Who's your favorite artist:..." I wrote down the Prodigy. "What's your favorite movie:..." Donnie Darko. Mosts people answered Disney Films and Beyonce. I am cool. And my favorite question "Which three things would you bring to an uncharted Island:...." Uhm....The truth: My Blackberry, Jake Gyllenhaal and a bed. Hahaha. But, I wrote down: A working boat, a satellite phone with camera and my best friends..

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live not according to reason, but according to fashion.

.

Search This Blog

Us

My photo
Two not so social socialites interested in fashion, books, art, photography and traveling

Fans